- Sesame Seeds, Coriander (optional), Spring Onions (cut diagonally), 2 steamed Bok Choy, quartered lengthways
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Thumb sized piece of fresh ginger
- Spring onions, sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced (leave seeds in for extra heat)
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice powder
- 2 Star Anise
- 1 ½ kilo of Cape Grim Beef cheeks (4 large ones)
- 2 tsp Murray River Pink Salt Flakes
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 3 tsp Chinese cooking wine
- 2 tsp dark soy
- 1 litre beef stock
- 2 packs (500g) Tilda Coconut, Chilli & Lemongrass Basmati rice
- Heat oven to 160c.
- In a cast iron casserole pot (that has a lid), heat the oil and sauté the garlic, spring onions, ginger and chilli for a few minutes.
- Add in spices and sauté until fragrant (about a minute).
- Add in the Murray River Salt Flakes and the Cape Grim Beef Cheeks.
- Add in the brown sugar, Chinese Cooking wine, dark soy, beef stock and bring to the simmer.
- Then place a lid on top.
- Place in oven and cook for about 4 hours. Check occasionally and if the liquid is evaporating too fast, add in water as needed.
- At serving time, remove the beef cheeks from the oven and place on the table.
- Pop your delicious Tilda Rice into the microwave and call everyone for dinner.
- Serve straight from the pot, and garnish with steamed Bok Choy, sesame seeds and additional sliced spring onion.
Note: you could also use a slow cooker, or pressure cooker for the beef.
Cape Grim beef
Raised on the rich pastures of Tasmania with nothing else added, Cape Grim Beef is hand-selected and rigorously graded, rewarding you with pure beef – made by nature.
Cape Grim Beef Cheeks are perfect for slow cooking, developing a tender melt-in-your-mouth texture and rich flavour. Shop Now
Tilda Coconut, Chilli & Lemongrass Basmati Rice
The perfect accompaniment to a curry has to be Tilda Coconut, Chilli and Lemongrass Basmati rice. The creaminess of coconut, a hint of chilli and the delicate flavour of lemongrass give the slender basmati grains a Thai twist. Tilda Coconut, Chilli and Lemongrass Basmati rice is ready to eat in just 2 mins serving two. Shop Now
Murray River Pink Salt
Murray River Pink Salt is Australia’s only Pink Salt – produced from pristine mineralised brines from ancient saline aquifers in the Murray-Darling Basin. Recognised world-wide for its purity and in assisting the environment by helping reduce salinity! Proudly family owned and operated. Shop Now