These cookies are an amazing little treat. To make them an impressive and memorable dessert, sandwich a scoop of Pana Organic Salted Caramel Frozen Dessert between two of your Pana Organic Quad Choc Cookies. Then dip in Pana Organic Hazelnut Chocolate Spread. The perfect grown-up dessert for the kid in all of us.
Ingredients (Makes 30 small cookies):
- ½ cup solid coconut oil
- 1 ¼ cups coconut sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla paste
- ¼ cup plus 3 tsp coconut milk (nice & thick, usually from a can)
- ¼ cup homemade apple purée (recipe below or 100 per cent apple purée baby food also works)
- 2 cups plain gluten-free flour
- ⅔ cup Pana Organic 100% Cacao Powder
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅔ cup Pana Organic Dark Chocolate Pieces
- ⅔ cup Pana Organic Caramel Chocolate Pieces
- ⅔ cup Pana Organic Mylk Chocolate Pieces
- 4 medium large apples, peeled & cored then chopped roughly
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp apple-cider vinegar
To turn Pana Organic Quad Choc Cookies into ice-cream sandwiches, you’ll need:
- Extra Pana Organic pieces, to embellish
- Flaked sea salt, to sprinkle (optional).
- Pana Organic Salted Caramel Frozen Dessert
- Pana Organic Hazelnut Chocolate Spread
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC (not fan-forced).
- Using a stand mixer or hand beater, cream the coconut oil, coconut sugar, vanilla paste and 3 tsp coconut milk together until creamy. This will take up to 10 mins. Scrape the sides down regularly to ensure all ingredients are well combined.
- Once nice and creamy, add in the rest of the coconut milk (¼ cup).
- Make the apple purée by adding chopped apples to saucepan with ⅓ cup water (more may be needed depending on the water content of the apples), maple syrup and cinnamon.
- Cook over medium heat with the lid on but stirring occasionally, until apples are soft.
- Purée with a stick blender then add in apple-cider vinegar.
- Add ¼ cup of apple purée to coconut
- mix (reserve the remaining apple purée for another dessert). Beat well until nice and smooth.
- In another bowl, combine the plain gluten-free flour, the Pana Organic 100% Cacao Powder, bicarb soda and the salt. Use a whisk to stir together.
- Add the dry ingredients into the coconut mixture and mix to combine. The mixture should be firm. If not, add a little more flour.
- Sprinkle in the Pana Organic Pieces and fold to combine.
- Using a tsp, scoop out approximately 30 spoonfuls and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Keep the balls rough (don’t smooth out with hands). Squash down with a fork.
- Bake between 10–15 mins depending on how firm you like your cookies.
- When done, remove from the oven. They will still be soft and you may need to squash them down a little more with a fork.
- Cool on the tray for at least 15 mins.
To make them truly instagrammable, use extra Pana Organic pieces and press into the top and the side of the cookies. Then sprinkle with a little flaked salt.
To turn Pana Organic Quad Choc Cookies into ice-cream sandwiches: Sandwich a scoop of Pana Organic Salted Caramel Frozen Dessert between two of your Pana Organic Quad Choc Cookies. Then dip in Pana Organic Hazelnut Chocolate Spread and enjoy.
Note: Cookies can be frozen
Pana Organic Salted Caramel Frozen Dessert
Pana Organic’s frozen desserts come in tub and stick varieties. They’re bursting with flavourful dreaminess to be enjoyed at any time of day. Scoop-ability factor is high — and remember, their Salted Caramel is not for sharing! Shop Now
Pana Organic Hazelnut Spread
This Hazelnut Chocolate Spread will unleash your inner child. Amazingly smooth and easy to devour, simply dip, spoon, lick and spread. The jar never lasts long. Shop Now
Pana Organic Baking Pieces (White, Mylk, Caramel & Dark)
It’s the moment your inner chef has been waiting for … Pana Organic’s guilt- and gluten-free bake range is here. Baking chocolate pieces in four irresistible flavours full of the same-quality plant-based goodness Pana Organic is known for — ready for you to work your creative kitchen magic. Shop Now
Pana Organic 100% Cacao Powder
Pana Organic’s bake range is made from the same top-quality, plant-based and organic goodness as their chocolate. It’s an entirely guilt- and gluten-free range that includes 100% cacao powder. Time to create the most drool-worthy vegan treats! Shop Now