“So crunchy, so delicious!”
- 3 cups Red Tractor Organic Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Melrose Organic Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Capilano Pure Australian Low GI Honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g Driscoll’s Blackberries
- Thick yogurt to serve
- Drizzle of Capilano honey
- Preheat oven to 171 C
- In a small saucepan over medium low heat, Melrose Organic Coconut Oil, Capilano Pure Australian Low GI Honey and vanilla extract and pour over the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add Red Tractor Organic Rolled Oats, coconut, cinnamon, salt, and nuts and coat well.
- Once fully coated, spread the mixture evenly onto a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring near the halfway point. Make sure to watch it bake carefully as it browns quickly.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring near the halfway point. Make sure to watch it bake carefully as it browns quickly.
- Once the granola is visibly browned (between 15-20 minutes), remove from the oven and scoop into a bowl to let it cool. Stir a little to break it up a bit but try and keep some chunky bits to your preference.
- Place in a container that has an air-tight seal. It should keep for a up to 4 weeks.
- To make the Blackberry swirl, pick out 6 – 7 juicy Driscoll’s Blackberries and add them to a deep bowl. (Personal learning from me…Try not to wear anything white when pressing Blackberries)
- Use the back of a dessert spoon to squish your Driscoll’s Blackberries against the side of the bowl until they have all burst. Add in a good dollop of yogurt, a drizzle of honey and gently fold until the swirls appear.
- Grab a clear glass and layer your Blackberry Swirl and Super Crunchy Coconut Granola and get ready for a delish crunchy treat!
Red Tractor Organic Rolled Oats
Red Tractor oats are steam (kiln free) to deliver a smooth, creamy texture. Our oats are 100% wholegrain, rich in fibre and protein and contain beta-glucan which helps reduce blood cholesterol. Shop Now
Melrose Organic Coconut Oil
Melrose Organic Full Flavour Coconut Oil has a creamy coconut flavour and aroma. Ideal for all types of cooking, including baking where it can be used as a substitute for butter. Shop Now
Capilano Low GI Honey
Introducing Capilano Low GI Honey, a specially selected blend of Australian premium eucalypt honey endorsed by the Glycemic Index Foundation as Low GI. The naturally occurring sugar profile of this specially selected 100% Australian honey influences the way it is digested in the body, and its GI rating. Shop Now
Driscoll’s Blackberries are perfect as a fresh snack, in sunny day blackberry mojitos, and in scrumptious blackberry cobblers. They’re meant to be shared, so savor every bite, sip, and moment together. Shop Now