Brown Butter Prawns
Once you learn how easy and delicious it can be to brown butter, I promise you’ll be browning butter in every recipe you can.
Serves: 4 as an entree
- 100g Organic Milk Co. Salted Butter, cubed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 king prawns, peeled & cleaned, tails & heads left on
- 2 lemons, quartered
- 1 bunch parsley
- Black pepper, to taste
- Warm a small saucepan over medium heat — the Whirlpool 6th Sense, FlexiFull 8 Zone Induction cooktop offers unparalleled temperature adjustment for heat that’s just right.
- Add the Organic Milk Co. Salted Butter. Once the bubbles subside and start to foam and the colour begins to turn a beautiful
- golden-brown, a nutty aroma will fill your kitchen and you’ll be pretty proud of yourself if you’ve never done this before. As soon as the butter has browned, remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat and add a dash of olive oil. Once hot, add the prawns and cook on one side until they are caramelised and have changed colour over halfway through. Flip the prawns over and cook on the other side. This whole process should not take more than a few mins.
- Once the prawns are cooked, add in the brown butter and swirl, then add a generous squeeze of lemon juice and swirl again.
- Finish off with a generous sprinkle of parsley and a good grind of black pepper to serve.