Grilled Duck Breast & Cured Zucchini Salad
Recipe from Tobie Puttock, Celebrity Head Chef
Dubbed Australia’s Jamie Oliver, Tobie Puttock took traditional Italian cooking and turned it completely on its head. We “luv” his interpretations of a classic duck recipe for the perfect Chrissy main.
- 1 tbsp Luv-a-Duck Duck Fat
- 380g Luv-a-Duck Fresh Duck Breasts
- Sea salt & freshly cracked pepper
- 2 medium zucchinis, washed
- Small handful curly parsley, washed & finely chopped
- Small handful mixed parsley, mint & rocket
- 10 garlic chives or normal chives, finely chopped
- Best quality olive oil
- ½ lemon
- Heat the Luv-a-Duck Duck Fat in a griddle pan over medium heat on a Whirlpool 6th Sense FlexiFull 8 Zone Induction cooktop.
- Season the duck breasts generously and pop on to cook for approx. 3 mins each side. Remove and set aside to rest for at least 2 mins in a bowl.
- Use a potato peeler to peel long strips of zucchini into a bowl. Sprinkle salt over the zucchinis and allow to rest for 2 mins.
- Rinse zucchini strips in cold water and toss with the herbs and rocket. Dress with your favourite olive, salt, pepper and a squeeze of lemon.
- Slice the duck breasts into 4 or 5 pieces and then pop them back into the bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper along with a little drizzle of olive oil. Use your hands to toss the duck in the bowl so all those lovely resting juices are absorbed back into the duck and then arrange along with the zucchini salad.
For the Cherry Sauce
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Organic Milk Co Salted Butter
- 500g CherryHill Cherries, pitted
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup Mazzetti Gourmet Glaze with
- Balsamic Vinegar of Modena, plus extra for drizzling
- Freshly ground pepper
- Place a saucepan over medium heat and add the oil and Organic Milk Co Salted Butter and cook until the mixture is foaming.
- Add the CherryHill Cherries, salt and Mazzetti Gourmet Glaze and cook for about 15 mins until soft and fragrant.
- Remove from the heat and season with a generous grind of black pepper.
- Plate up with the grilled duck breast, add an extra grind of black pepper and drizzle with Mazzetti Gourmet Glaze.
- Serve with potato gratin and cured zucchini salad.
Tobie is a Melbourne boy with a career that has taken him around the world to include working alongside Jamie Oliver in London. This “plant-curious” chef has a new-found interest in exploring the way plant-based cooking has evolved to produce extremely delicious, innovative and nutritional meals. Author of five best-selling cookbooks, he is an innovative and admired industry icon.
Note: If you’re inspired by Tobie’s cooking, check out his bestselling cookbooks; Daily Italian, Italian Local, Cook like an Italian and The Chef Gets Healthy, which saw Tobie take a new direction toward healthy eating and a balanced lifestyle — a great gift for you and the ones you love!