Potato Gratin is always impressive and a must for any fancy dinner. Potatoes can be waxy or floury. This dish suits a waxy potato, which is why I’ve chosen Red Gem Dirty Crème Royal Potatoes. They’re a great allrounder and their skins come up a treat.
Serves: 6 as a side
- 1kg Red Gem Dirty Crème Royale Potatoes,
- skin on, washed & thinly sliced
- Organic Milk Co. Unsalted Butter, to grease
- 1 tub Chris’ Heritage Vintage Cheddar & Caramelised Onion Dip
- 1 cup cream
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 200g Organic Milk Co. Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Small bunch parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Mix together cream, Chris’ Heritage Vintage Cheddar & Caramelised Onion Cheese Dip and garlic.
- Grease a microwave-safe baking dish (approx. 23cm square) with Organic Milk Co Unsalted Butter.
- Layer the sliced Red Gem Dirty Crème Royale Potatoes with the cream mixture in the tin. For an extra-delicious dish, finish each layer with a sprinkle of cheddar and season well with salt and pepper — I also like to add in some freshly chopped parsley.
- Sprinkle the top layer with a generous sprinkle of Organic Milk Co. Cheddar Cheese and bake in the oven for 25 mins. I use the Whirlpool Extra Space Crisp Oven on the combi function for an extra-crispy, golden top layer.
- When crisp, remove and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Magic!
Tip: Lovingly cook in Whirlpool’s Extra Space Crisp Oven.