Campsite Ocean Trout & Rice Pilaf Loaded with Lemon & Fresh Herbs
This is a bit of a free-for-all. This combination of ingredients is pretty fail-safe and all together tastes amazing. Tilda Fragrant Jasmine Rice is an easy addition to any camping pack. This is also great in a fry pan on a regular stove — maybe just halve the ingredients if you are not cooking up for a crowd.
- 150g Organic Milk Co Unsalted Butter
- Dash Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1–2 onions, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 packets Tilda Fragrant Jasmine Rice
- 4–6 fresh bay leaves
- Large bunch parsley
- Large bunch dill
- 2 tbsp capers
- ½ preserved lemon, flesh discarded, washed & skin chopped
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 50–60cm side ocean trout, skin scored
- Add the Organic Milk Co Unsalted Butter and Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a hot pan until they begin to foam. Add in the onions and cook until they start to soften, then add the garlic.
- Once the garlic is fragrant, add in the Tilda Fragrant Jasmine Rice and stir for 1 min.
- Toss in the herbs, capers and preserved lemon and season with salt and pepper.
- Lay the ocean trout over the rice, skin side down. Cook for a few mins until the flesh begins to turn opaque then flip and repeat to cook the other side.
- Season with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and toss in some extra more herbs and any other fresh greens that are lying around.
- Toss in some extra butter if needed and then call in the crowd and serve with fresh lemon wedges. Let’s have a party!