Rustic Duck Fat Potatoes
Is there anything that says Christmas more than crunchy roast potato? I sure don’t think so! Pete and I have been working on the perfect roast spud all through lockdown. I hope you love this version as much as we do!
Serves: 6–8 as a side
- 1.5 kg Red Gem Dirty Crème Royale Potatoes, unpeeled & halved lengthways
- Salt & black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp Luv-A-Duck Duck Fat
- Small bunch fresh sage, leaves picked
- Small bunch fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Place the Red Gem Dirty Crème Royale Potatoes into a large saucepan of cold water and season with a small handful of salt. Turn your cooktop (I use the Whirlpool 6th Sense, FlexiFull 8 Zone Induction) to high and boil until cooked through.
- Once cooked, drain the water from the saucepan and add in the Luv-A-Duck Duck Fat to your potatoes. Place a lid on the saucepan and shake the pan to fully coat. Add the sage and season to taste with black pepper and extra salt, then set aside and let the potatoes cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 180–200°C.
- Place the potatoes in an ovenproof tray and into the oven. Roast until crispy — this will take approx. 1 hour.
- Serve fresh out of the oven with flaked sea salt and chopped parsley.